Sunday, May 10, 2009

(home)sick on mother's day

So today is Mothers Day, and I'm pretty bummed that I'm not at home. If I was there I'd probably wake up early with an ambitious menu complete with tons of pastries. I've always talked about wanting to move away to Europe once I graduate and how it will be an experience like none other, but I always forget what I'd leave behind. It was one thing to study abroad for 2 months, but I'm not sure if I could ever move away on a permanent basis. And I guess it's fitting that on mother's day, I could use my mom to force feed me her soup and take care of me. She raised me so well that I can make the soup, eat the oranges, gurgle the salt water, and take care of myself, but it's always different than how it would be if I was at home. I miss her, no matter how much we fight and disagree on issues, she is my rock and I couldn't imagine growing up any different. If my children respect and admire me even half as much as I do with my mom, I know I will have been a successful parent. I only hope one day I make her as proud of me as I am of her. I love you Mom, happy Mother's Day. 


On the menu today was chicken soup (I was too weak so I bought canned- I know, horrible) but I did fortify it with some fresh kale for nutrients. I hope I get better soon, because we move onto seafood ID & fabrication this week. 



Loads of hot tea and vitamin c with oranges



No comments:

Post a Comment