Monday, June 22, 2009

shallow poach



It was one of the first days that I didn't want to go to class, and that was only because I could barely stand for 10 minutes without my back hurting, much less lift heavy bones, and pots, and etc that we do in class everyday. But I'm glad I went... we made flounder paupiette, sauteed spinach, glazed carrots, and rice pilaf.

We got to fabricate our own fish today, so we cut the fillets off the whole flounder, which was good practice of what we learned in fish. 



I made a batch of veloute for the class. It's fish stock thats combined with a roux (butter, flour) and thickened:

Chef Johnson filleting a flounder (which we all did):
Rolling it into a "paupiette":
Chef's demo plate:





My carrots glazing:

My flounder fillets rolled into paupiettes:
Bed of shallots, garlic, peppercorns, and parsley stems that the fish steams on:


My completed plate:


No comments:

Post a Comment